Friday, November 23, 2012

Coincidence?

There are days where I am a stubborn grump. (Hard to believe right? Well believe it,  I could give you specific examples but I won't.) Well today is one of those days, and yesterday, and the day before! So I asked myself (read in British accent), "What the heck is wrong with you??" And then I realized, I have not read my scriptures nor prayed since I have been home. Coincidence with my grumpy attitude? I think not! 
It is amazing to me how the gospel can make that much of a difference in my life. One day without scriptures and I already have a bad attitude, two days and it gets worse, three days and I'm the worst daughter ever.
So I decided to read my scriptures; I opened randomly to D&C 30. Read the first 3 verses.... ha ha coincidence? I don't think there are any coincidences in life. 
The gospel is SO amazing. It is amazing how the Spirit can influence my life so greatly; without it I would be a miserable grump who no one would want to be around; I can't even stand myself. Sometimes I get caught up thinking about only me when I need to open up and remember everyone around me. Everyday I pass tons of people, some of them I know, some of them are strangers; yet each and everyone of those people are going through something different. Each person may need someone to uplift them and how can I be that person if I'm too caught up in myself? If I focus on the Lord and others, the Lord will bless me, but the more I focus on myself the worse it's going to get. 
This gospel is so great! I need to always remember it and remember the days when my life is filled with the spirit and the churchy things because those days are always the greatest; even if they seem long and slow, by the end of the day I am so filled and so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment