Friday, December 28, 2012

Shout out to the BOM Prophets

Well well well, here I am making my first post on our churchy church blog. It's about time, I do say. This is going to be quick but at least it's happening.

Sometimes I am grumpy and stubborn, and I don't feel like reading my scriptures. Which is really silly, because reading the Book of Mormon makes me HAPPY! There is amazingly no better medicine to a crappy day than picking up that little book and reading a couple of pages. Tonight at the temple I was reading about King Benjamin. That man said many wise and happy words. I was just thinking about how amazing it is that the words of a man who lived before the time of Christ could be preserved for me to read in 2012. I don't think that was an accident on Heavenly Father's part. I'm not sure if King Benjamin or any of the other Book of Mormon prophets knew what kind of an impact their words would have on so many people hundreds of years later, but I'm grateful for how diligent they were in recording the words of God. I take the Book of Mormon for granted sometimes, not really considering what had to happen in order for it to be in my life. But I bet it took a lot of work to put together! So shout out to you guys, you Book of Mormon prophets! You have made all the difference!

1 comment:

  1. I like them! I want to be more diligent and faithful like they were. I second your Shout out, Hayley!

    ReplyDelete